Sunday 10 August 2014

THE EYEBROW STORY + GETTING THEM WAXED!!!

so the other day I FINALLY got my eyebrows done! and it's about time (queue the embarassing pictures...)

unfortunately my eyebrows are quite naturally bushy and as I've got older, my hair has lightened so I always felt quite self conscious because they were darker than my hair. last year (58 weeks ago to be exact) I took this selfie and it was when I think I had quite a decent attempt at having evenly plucked eyebrows. 
The thing about my eyebrows here is that I didn't realise how ridiculous I looked pencilling them in hahaha! I think I went through one eyebrow pencil and then couldn't be bothered anymore. 
however I just want to say before someone thinks 'god look how uneven they are' that I am THE worst plucker ever. I literally stand by the mirror saying ouch repeatedly with my eyes tearing up. 
after not being able to pull off drawn on eyebrows, I kept to doing my plucking but of course I had to slip up somewhere! I ended up plucking a big chunk out and it looked like I had made a slit in my eyebrow (oops) 

So as you can see I wasn't really getting off to the best eyebrow game. 

I then ended up in the situation where I decided to keep plucking the odd bits when they grow back but try not to edit the shape. I got into my head that I should grow them out to then get them waxed but I think I've been waiting for about a year to get them sorted and I finally did this week. 

I have to say considering how nervous I was that I actually really enjoyed it. My sister didn't help as she went first and I was obviously watching and the beautician ripped the paper from my sisters eyebrows and she went 'ow that hurt!' 
if anyone doesn't know what waxing is or is considering getting there's done I recommend it. It hurts the first time they wax but you get used to it. It isn't as painful as plucking but at the place I went, they did do a mixture of plucking and waxing (probably about 70% waxing then 30% plucking to neaten them up) and the plucking hurt more than the actual waxing. The room was really nice and peaceful with some relaxing music and I just laid on the bed and I'm pretty sure next time I'll end up falling asleep through it hahaha. I'd say that the pain of getting braces on/off is far worse than waxing. So here's the before and after...

BEFORE

AFTER


I'm sorry for the lack of posts! It would really help if you could follow my Instagram (@meganlucyblogs) and my twitter (@MeganLucyBlogs) if you read my blog and also comment down if you've ever had your eyebrows waxed or if you're considering! let me know what you want me to post! thanks for reading!
-megs x

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad that you enjoyed your eyebrow waxing experience, although you were scared before it even started. Hahaha! You look satisfied with the results, and that’s the best part of it. I really think that your newly-shaped eyebrows match the features of your face well, and made it look brighter. Thanks for sharing that, Megan! Stay gorgeous!

    Glenda Fisher @ Skin Zone

    ReplyDelete