Friday 8 August 2014

Day At The Beach


so yesterday I was meaning to upload this but I was waiting to see if anymore pictures would be sent to me from the day. 
my cousin was 13 when I was born and he's always taken me and hannah places on days out and we used to go on holiday to the same place with my whole family for like 11 years before they stopped cos my grandmas getting on abit so we're really close. A lot of people have cousins a similar age to them where as I don't but the good thing is that they have babies!!! so get lots of new little great cousins. So yesterday, I got to spend the day with my cousin and his lovely girlfriend and their 14 week old baby Taylor.

(Hoping if my cousin ever sees this that he doesn't mind me putting this on) 

the place we went is on the east coast of Yorkshire and it's called Hornsea. (comment below if you've ever been) now I've never been there before so I was quite excited to see what it was like. When we got there, the weather was a little breezy but it was sunny and gradually through the day it got hotter which was nice! 
Way to check if you have a tan, wear a bobble for the day! (oops!)

so we walked along the promenade to see what there was but there wasn't much really but there was a beach, some sea, a few arcades, a lot of fish and chips shops and a town centre which we didn't go into. my cousin expected abit more but we decided to make the most of the fish and chip shops and the arcades...and the ice cream. I just love the food at the seaside. 

we sat on the beach for a while and age our fish and chips before making the decision to take a plunge in the sea. just to Warn anyone who DOESN'T live in the UK, the sea is usually so cold, you stand in it shivering the whole time but this year, the temperatures have risen and it wasn't too bad at all and it was quite nice to cool down. baby Taylor had a little dip (she dipped her feet in before people get worried) but she burst into tears and we realised that it wasn't a good idea. 
We then spent abit of time wasting our money in the arcade and decided to set off home. Now this journey was going so well until Taylor started to get uncomfortable and me being next to her had no idea to stop her screaming, bless her. We did manage to get home though and even though she didnt enjoy the way home and didn't sleep which she did on the way there, it was still a great day which was a change to me sitting at home doing nothing.


make sure you follow me on all my accounts and read my previous posts because I have some coming up over the next few days, sorry I failed blogust but I might as well blog things that people enjoy to read rather than a pointless one so that it counts as a blog a day! 
thank you for all the lovely comments and 50+ followers on BlogLovin and over 100 on Instagram!
see you soon!
-Megs x

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog! And I was wondering if you could ever give me any tips on blogging, it's okay if you can't but thank you anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much that really means a lot! I just write how I would talk to people really and tell them things that I've enjoyed and what products I like and the experiences I've had! my best bit of advice is to allow people to get to know you and what you like through your writing and not to be all formal because I mainly write for teens so I know that if I like reading something, hopefully they will! hope this helps and feel free to ignore anything because there's a lot more experienced bloggers out there! xx

      Delete