Sunday 3 August 2014

Mermaid Nails!




Hey guys! so if you follow my twitter (@meganlucyblogs) you'll know that today i went out shopping for some new nail polish and the picture above shows the ones I actually bought. I just want to say that I'm not a nail artist and I have THE worst nails in the world. My school say no nail polish and that means that when i get bored in class (which we all do) I end up biting my nails and have done since i was like 6 so they're really short but thankfully because it's the summer holidays, i have time to let them grow!

The two I'm going to show today are the ones which have a gold lid. I spotted these and I was like 'oooooh mermaid' because I'm easily impressed by anything! Barry M do a 'Aquarium collection' and they are really really really nice. They cost £3.99 each but right now they're buy one get one half price so if i were you, I'd go stock up on Barry M now (you heard it here first)

            
The colour on the left is shade/colour 'Pacific' and the glittery one on the right is called 'Treasure Chest' and i can see why!

So what was the end result? (this is where you see how hard it is to paint short nails)

i originally thought about using make up sponges to do ombre on all the nails but instead i just painted one finger and I'm really happy with the result. I envy any of you who has long nails because it would look so much better than mine!
If anyone does decide to try this, please do tag me on instagram or send me a dm on twitter, I'll link all my accounts below as usual. make sure you follow because I put on sneak peeks of what my daily blogs are!
http://instagram.com/meganlucyblogs 
https://twitter.com/meganlucyblogs
http://www.bloglovin.com/meganlucyblogs 

thank you to all that have followed me on these accounts and thank you so much for the lovely comments! they really do make me smile and I love replying to them! if you want to see more nail ideas, let me know in the comments but i might wait til they've grown alot more! :-)

Thanks for reading! 
-megs x


5 comments:

  1. these are such gorgeous colours! Love how you've put them together.. I wish I was more creative with doing my nails! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm not usually creative hahaha, I usually stick a base coat on with abit of glitter on top! feel free to pinch my idea though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! I love how the gold actually compliments that metallic teal colour!

    www.beverleykoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! feel free to try! Shame I don't have longer nails hahaha! xx

      Delete
  4. Hiiii! I've nominated you for the Liebster award - check out the details here :) http://awinterdaze.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete