Monday 1 September 2014

BEST FOUNDATION ROUTINE - TEEN BLOG SERIES #2

so it's 18:25 because I lost track of time so I'm just going to try and get this post written up because as usual, I'm always late for things...

this post is number 2 of the #teenblogseries started by Beth and Anouska! I've read some really nice blogs all week and I can't wait read all this weeks! today's post is about what I think is the best foundation routine for teenagers. I've already mentioned all of these products on a previous post which I will link below if you want to go read and I think these products are so underrated!

my school is especially strict on make-up but I really wasn't keen on going to school for 6 hours a day with nothing to cover my eyebags from lack of sleep (which all teenagers should understand) and the random spot breakouts. a couple of years ago I did used to have a lot of spots and I used a rimmel foundation and I think that is what caused my spots. Eversince I used these products, my skin is less irritated and it does a great job! 


I used the 'Natural Collection' by Boots Pharmacies and the clues in the name really. It's a natural looking foundation so it is well suited to making me look more awake at school without a heavy 'too much foundation' and 'cheesy wotsit' kind of face! they usually cost about £2-£3 which is a lot less than many other makeup brands! 

They are available in many shades and they have other ranges of that shade for example mine is labelled 'shineaway' because I have quite oily and shiny skin so it stops that!

I think that it is a good foundation for teens because it is natural and can be worn at school and it's one of those foundations where people say 'you have such clear skin' and when you say 'oh yeah I have foundation on' it leaves them gobsmacked haha! personally it makes me feel comfortable and it doesn't irritate my skin. The pressed powder available in that range does sometimes make my skin a little dry and flaky (mostly on my nose) but you can always use a different powder or no powder at all.

I hope this post is helpful to those of you who are looking for a cheap foundation that doesn't irritate your skin and doesn't make you look like a tangerine. I'm sorry that this is late up and I promise I will make sure that next weeks is on time! 
 
Here is the link to the product I have reviewed to you: 
http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Natural-Collection-Shine-Away-Foundation_24325/#un_jtt_addtohome_hidden 

don't forget to read everyone else's posts by using the hashtag '#teenblogseries' and follow me on twitter (@meganlucyblogs) and BlogLovin and Instagram (@MeganLucyBlogs) 
thanks for reading!



5 comments:

  1. I used this one too for a good few years and I have a tube in my makeup box at all times because it's so cheap- so if I'm popping out I much prefer to use this one than my more expensive ones. And it works really well too! I've written on what I currently use over at http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=3348096249&group=0&frame_type=b&blog=10910933&frame=1&click=0&user=0 if you fancy having a read!
    Emily
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that foundation in my life!! Found you from the #teenblogseries on Twitter ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this foundation but will definitely have to give it a go now! I'm doing the series too if you want to take a look: itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk :)

    Maddie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for a liebster award so check out my blog on the link below to see the questions!
    http://katyyg.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete